One of my favourite new papers are in the Citrus Stack from DCWV. In fact, I used it earlier this month to create a layout about my little girl, so today, I thought I would use some of the other colours so you can see just how versatile this stack really is!
I grabbed some of the blues and greens and used some of the sentiment papers to create a card that is…well…all about the sentiment!
I really love the fresh feel of this card! The colours and patterns are clean and crisp, and I think the result is both cute and classy!
Here’s how easy it is for you to create:
- Start by cutting your card base (you want to have a fairly large card base to make the most of the sentiment paper – otherwise you will only end up with partial statements and words. I wanted a 5″x 6 1/2″ card so I cut my paper at 612″x10″ and then folded in half.
- Isolate the words you want on the patterned paper and cut a rectangle approximately 4 1/2″ wide by 3 1/2″ tall.
- Matt the “word paper” onto white carfdstock, leaving a small 1/16″ border.
- Wrap twine or ribbon (I used Trendy Twine), on the left hand side. Pu aside.
- Cut a strip of green paper 1 1/2″ X 6″, and trim the bottom in a “v” shape.
- Cut one more strip of a coordinating green paper 4 1/2″ x 2″.
- To put the card together – start with the strip you cut in step 6, add it to your card base approximately 3/4″ from the bottom of your card and centered horizontally.
- Using the banner piece you cut in step 5, adhere it running down the folded edge of your card, approximately 1/2″ from the fold.
- Adhere your “word papers” centered both vertically and horizontally.
- Cut out a banner sentiment and adhere with foam squares along the bottom edge of the “word paper” lined up on the right hand side of the card.
- Embellish with buttons and bling.
This same card can actually be created with pinks and oranges from the same stack! How cute would that be?!
Well, that’s it for me today! Thanks for stopping by!