Although I have been scrapping away in the background, it’s been awhile since I shared a layout with you here at SCS. Today, I thought I would grab one of the new stacks from DCWV called Linen Closet and create a layout to capture the smile and fun of my youngest daughter.
These photos were taken just as she was learning to eat solids, and I just love the expressions on her face, as well as the fun little (big) mess on her high chair!
This is a relatively easy layout to create because all of the shapes that you see are simply embellishments that I cut from the different patterned papers in the stack. No die cuts or fancy electronic cutting machines needed – just a good pair of scissors!
- Linen Closet stack – DCWV
- Optional – ribbon (I used May Arts)
- Matt a couple of photos with white paper.
- Cut a piece of dark paper from the Linen Closet stack at about 7″x5″. Glue down to a 12×12 sheet of patterned paper slightly to the right and at an angle.
- Cut about about 7 of the hexagons from the patterned paper and arrange in so that they move from the bottom of the left hand side of the layout up to the top. For added dimension, adhere some of the hexagons with foam adhesive so some are higher than others.
- Adhere your pictures to the layout, overlapping the hexagons.
- Fussy cut some of the floral patterns and adhere at the base of the photos. Add some ribbon loops for a bit of texture.
- Add your title and a date tag, and then finish the layout with a bit of journaling around your photos.
Now after all that, I have a bit of a confession to make – this layout almost ended up in garbage! Just as I was finishing up my first version, I ended up smearing the Liquid Pearls all across the top of the page. Now, this is not the first time (or second, or third) this has happened, so I am getting pretty good at working around my foibles. For this one, after a bit of fiddling, I decided just to trim a smaller square that included all the pictures and embellishments in the hopes that I could just place that on a larger 12×12 and be done with it. Great idea, except I cut the side with the title so crooked that now there wasn’t even a way I could save that piece. So everything got carefully pulled off (hence the title stickers that are a bit wrinkled, and I started again. I was so proud of myself for getting it all apart and back together (without ripping anything in frustration), so I went off to show my hubby my accomplishment. And then he found the error in the journaling…let’s just say, I took my little layout and walked away without a word. In the end, I decided to leave it and write about the experience on the back…perhaps my daughter will get a laugh at it when she is older! 😉
Well, that’s it for me today! Thanks for stopping by!