5. Cut a coordinating piece of paper approximately 2″ by 3″. Fold in half and adhere to the top center of tier A. This will be the pull tab that the recipient of your card uses to pull out each tier of the card so make sure to use a good amount of adhesive.
To create the first sliding mechanism (use tiers C and B)
6. Using tier C – On the one of the panels created by the fold, place your ruler at the top edge of the tier and measure/mark 1″ from the fold and 1″ from the edge of the paper.
7. Place your ruler parallel to the edge of the paper at one of your 1″ marks and draw a line downward that starts 1/4″ down from the top and continues for 3 1/2″. You should now have a line that starts and ends 1/4″ from the top and bottom edges of your paper.
8. Repeat step 6 with the second mark.
9. Use a paper cuter or utility knife to cut along the lines you have drawn.
10. Repeat steps 5-8 for tier B.
11. Using a scrap piece of thick cardstock, cut 2 pieces of paper that is about 3/4″ wide and 3″ long. This piece of paper will be the piece that slides up and down on your card.
12. Take tier B and place it down so that the wrong side of the paper is facing up. Take one piece of your cut cardstock and slide it in between the two cuts you have made (the two ends of the cardstock should be hidden, and you should see an exposed section in between the two cuts you made on the tier).
13. Apply adhesive to the section of the cardstock that you can see.
14. Take tier A, line it up with the bottom of tier B and press down to adhere it to the cardstock slider.
15. Apply adhesive to the top and bottom edges of tier B and close up the folds ensuring that the slider is hidden inside the folded sections.
16. Repeat steps 10-12 with tier C.
17. Take tier B (which now has tier A tucked away inside of it), line it up with the bottom of tier C and press down to adhere it to the cardstock slider.
18. Close up the folds of tier C ensuring that the slider is inside the folds and apply adhesive to the bottom and top edges to keep it together as you did in step 15.
19. Decorate as desired! If you would like to include a paper rose just like the one on this card, make sure to go and check out the tutrorial here