I am so excited to share a new tutorial for Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps with you today! You know that I LOVE interactive cards, so it probably won’t come as a surprise to hear that I have been having so much fun playing with pop-up box cards lately. I made one not too long ago for my youngest daughter’s third birthday, so I thought it would be great to create a tutorial for you, creating a pop up box card that folds into a standard A2 size (my favourite size for cards).
Okay, now there are all sorts of stamps and embellishments that work well with this style of card, but I am going to argue that this new set from Kraftin’ Kimmie stamps called Monster Hugs is just about as perfect as it gets!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Coloured and fussy cut stamped images. I used three from Monster Hugs.
- Piece of 9 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ cardstock
- Piece of 3 3/4″ x 2″ cardstock
- 2 pieces of 5 1/4″ x inch pattered paper (I created one in white so I could write a message)
- 6 pieces of 2 3/8″ x 2″ patterned paper (I used 2 different patterns – 3 pieces each)
- 3 pieces of 2 3/4″ x 2″ patterned paper.
- Thin strips (approx. 1/4″) of clear acetate or coordinating cardstock
Now I know that sounds like a complicated list to start with, but it really is quite an easy technique. Here’s a little video to show you how to pull it all together:
So there you have it! I hope you’ll give this technique a try – you won’t be sorry!
Thanks for stopping by!